Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. (NYSE:BNED) stock identified change of 7.90% away from 52-week low price and recently located move of -59.65% off 52-week high price. The company has 2.10% of outstanding shares and 143.061M shares were floated in the market.
- Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. (BNED) recently stated sales and earnings for the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2019, which ended on April 27, 2019. Previous to the fourth quarter of fiscal 2019, the Company had three reportable sections: Barnes & Noble College (“BNC”), MBS Textbook Exchange (“MBS”) and Digital Student Solutions (“DSS”). During the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2019, in an effort to streamline its retail go-to-market strategy, reinforce company branding, and more efficiently focus product development efforts, the Company realigned its business and sales organization into the following three reportable sections:
- Retail Section: combines the operations of the former BNC section with MBS Direct virtual bookstore operations (from the former MBS section).
- Wholesale Section: comprised of the MBS wholesale business (from the former MBS section).
- DSS Section: remains unchanged and is comprised of the operations of Student Brands, LLC and bartleby®, the Company’s subscription-based digital study offering.
Financial highlights for the fourth quarter 2019 and fiscal year 2019:
- Consolidated fourth quarter sales of $334.4M reduced 6.5%, as contrast to the previous year period; fiscal year 2019 consolidated sales of $2,034.6M reduced 7.7% as contrast to the previous year.
- Consolidated fourth quarter GAAP net loss of $(46.2)M, contrast to net income of $17.1M in the previous year period. The fourth quarter 2019 net loss includes a non-cash impairment loss of $(57.8)M and restructuring and other charges of $(4.7)M. Consolidated fiscal year 2019 GAAP net loss of $(24.4)M, contrast to a net loss of $(252.6)M in the previous year. The fiscal year 2019 net loss includes a non-cash impairment loss of $(57.8)M and restructuring and other charges of $(7.2)M, contrast to fiscal year 2018 net loss which included a non-cash impairment loss of $(313.1)M and restructuring and other charges of $(5.4)M.
- Consolidated fourth quarter non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA of $19.7M, a decrease of $2.5M, or 11.5%, as contrast to the previous year period; fiscal year 2019 non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA of $104.9M, a decrease of $21.8M, or 17.2%, as contrast to the previous year.
- Consolidated fourth quarter non-GAAP Adjusted Earnings of $0.5M, contrast to $17.2M in the previous year period; fiscal year 2019 non-GAAP Adjusted Earnings of $25.4M, contrast to $56.9M in the previous year.
Operational highlights for the fiscal year 2019:
- Made substantial investments in technology, content and human capital to facilitate continued transformation of all businesses to digital platforms and offerings.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage expansive store footprint to drive subscriptions of bartleby, the Company’s digital study offering, which gained over 50,000 subscribers following its first major in-store sales push during Spring Rush.
- Expanded catalogue of step-by-step textbook solutions accessible on bartleby to over oneM solutions. The Company continues to aggressively and plannedally expand its catalogue.
- In addition to growing the catalogue of step-by-step textbook solutions, improved bartleby offering by developing and implementing Q&A featureto better help students achieve success.
- Demonstrated strong acceptance of BNC FirstDay™ inclusive access program, with revenue from BNC FirstDay increasing by 92% year over year.
- Signed contracts with publishers including Oxford University Press, Wiley, Macmillan Learning, SAGE and Norton, to make the publishers’ digital content accessible through inclusive access programs provided on BNED campuses nationwide.
- Ongoing integration of BNC and MBS operations, including a unified and expanded sales team to help drive new business growth with a dynamic, new go-to-market strategy.
- Strengthened the value of BNED’s campus retail footprint with pilot testing of highly relevant and curated concept shops that drove improvements in sales trends and higher levels of consumer engagement.
Barnes & Noble
Education, Inc. (BNED) moved with change of +5.37% to $3.1400 with the
total traded volume of 863,200 shares in recent session versus to an average
volume of 534,565. After opening the first trading session at $3.1100, it
registered a day’s high of $3.2800 and touched a day’s low of $3.1010.
Eric Cooper – Financial Results
I am Eric Cooper I have completed my bachelor’s degree in English literature and a master’s degree in Business. I love to write about Business and Finance. I had seven years of writing experience which include articles, web content, and blogs. I always love to play with work, in both my career and education. I also had teaching experience of 3 years at the renowned university to teach business and technical writing and currently working as an instructor and training writer and designer. I am incredibly social, and I love to travel and explore the world.
Address: 4760 Jadewood Farms
Newark, NJ 07104, United States of America
Phone Number: +1 973 412 8513